About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Monday, February 23, 2009

"I will fight you before I let you change the station": adventures in baby sitting. Pt 1

The scene: a white ford explorer


The persons involved: a teenager(child o' friend) and I

The action:

We are doing 60 on 30, and I'm surfing through the preset stations, trying to find a good song.

Found song... My life would suck without you" (yeah i'm a sucker for cheap power pop).

The teenager protests, "I pick the stations! You drive." he reaches for the radio and... Its on!!!

I smack his hand, but he still reaches.

I grab his wrist and twist that shit! But he uses the other hand.

Next I grab the side of his face and shove it into the window!

We're swerving and hitting pot-holes. He's yelling, and I'm yelling: I have a rihanna quota!!! I must hear disturbia! Ahhhhh. (dave!...you know about the quota...Lol)

So finally peace is restored: a truce... One non-static laced rap song for each top 40 infectious pop song.

"Live yo life" by T.I. Was the middle-ground.

So I couldn't sneak the kid into the bar! (we tried)

I bought him a cigar to roll his blunt! (sucess!)

And returned him home... I even considered letting him drive. (b/c he asked! But It didn't happen, i'm no fool!)

I'm a damned good baby sitter!



...Oh yeah... Happy Monday!!

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."