Grey's Anatomy Cancer Moment

C@ Stage IV
How is was found: Izzy (Katherine Heigl) Hallucinated and acted crazy for half a season, talked to a vision of her dead fiance. Mixed up a blood test, and BAM... found the cancer. It was melanoma that had spread all ova!
How it played out: They killed her off briefly for the season finale, then brought her back in the next season's premiere. She has recovered, but is living with the cancer still, it's in mini-remission.
*Spoiler: according to various entertainment outlets, Heigl will not make it through the rest of the season. So look out for the ol' collapse and die trick during spring sweeps.
Desperate Housewives Cancer moment
C@ Stage 3
How is was found: I think Lenette (Felicity Huffman) fell off the bed while trying to rape her husband... either way, she revealed it when she snatched off her wig at a party while having an argument with some crazy housewife. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma.
How it played out: her good friends helped her through it by driving her to chemo and stuff. It lasted for almost a whole season... she's alive and well. For now, I have a feeling ABC wants to hold the relapse card for a later time.
Brothers & Sisters Cancer Moment
C@ Stage: 3
How is was found: Kitty Walker (Calista Flockhart) was taking her child to routine pediatrician visits and the doctor said something to the effect of "girl you look ragged!!! let's do some blood-work." They did the Blood work and found Lymphoma.
How it played out: Well last week she broke the news to her family and they all scattered and at the end they gathered. She's moving in with her mother and the wedding of her brother has been pushed back. **I think she'll make it, but they seem to be milking this one.
...
I think it's all getting a little redundant, one network with a slew of hit shows and on thier most popular shows they decide to play the Cancer card. I think it's lame and it cheapens the shows.
Cancer as a ratings ploy = Poor Taste
I think it's all getting a little redundant, one network with a slew of hit shows and on thier most popular shows they decide to play the Cancer card. I think it's lame and it cheapens the shows.
Cancer as a ratings ploy = Poor Taste
No comments:
Post a Comment