About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Almost doesn't count... but


I never thought I'd be an "almost" person
But for a period of about a 2 weeks I was hit with "almost fever"
Have you ever had a phase of your life end, and when it was over, looked back and thought, "was that me?" or "Did I do really do that?"

I played horse-shoes once in my life. I gripped the gigantic metal shoe and launched it across a beach, much to my surprise it hit the pole and swung around it perfectly. "You can't get closer than that," I said casually and I walked away. I walked away containing the excitement! I had set out to a achieve something and accomplished it. It required no more effort or chasing. I Won.

But of course there is the reason I played with that stupid pop-up-clown-box toy when I was a child.

1. I know the scary-ass clown is going to jump out and scare the $hit out of me...
in other words; I know this thing is going to blow up in my face!

2. I continue to wind this thing up and I refuse to stop until it actually does Pop, every moment until seems so satisfying. Like; Ohh I'm getting away with this one! it won't blow up this time.

3. Finally: The Shit blows up and I love it. The fear and the excitement take me over and for a brief moment there is nothing but those feelings and everything else fades. I compose myself and decide to close the box... and start over (I know the outcome is the same, yet I expect different?)


I guess I could compare it to fishing. I don't fish!

I can't stand waiting around for life to bite my line! I don't have all day to lay in the sun and enjoy the time that is slipping through my hands.
I'd rather be hunting, I'd rather know that what I want is just around the corner and I'm hot on the trail with everything I need to disarm and capture!

I am Hardcore, I'm a "do-er" but for a while I became an "ALMOST-could have-might have-should have." I found the experience exciting. I loved the highs that came with each moment. It's just not for me.

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."