About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

About Boston Part 1





We arrive in Boston somewhere around 1am. You can tell we are downtown by the types of people there, or element. A homeless man stood in front of the bus station.

I reached out to the man, and with gigantic water-filled long-lost-son eyes. "Dad?!," I said with half question inflection, but the man didn't hear me and I walked away. We got into the nearest taxi and we were off. A 20$ taxi ride, well maybe less but I round things when it comes to money. $16.oo = 20.oo when it comes down the bills you pick out of you wallet.



We arrived at Willy’s around 2a.m.

If you can imagine; a hipster-flavored, long island wasp with a pinch of stoner, you can imagine William. I had only heard of Willy, in stories from Pat. I never thought I would meet the fabled Willy who was a good ol' friend of Pat's. At that moment, standing there outside of Willy's I found myself picking between the better of two feelings: one feeling was that of pure relief from the hours-long journey being over. The second feeling was excitement to be somewhere and to meet this Willy person...



No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."