I hate Mondays and I might hate Readers Digest too!!!

Readers Digest is filing for chapter 11 Bankruptcy
I'm not surprised
Reader's digest was founded in the 1920's
the main draw associated with it's popularity at the time had alot to do with the fact that they would take articles from many different publications and condense them making them "more readable"
I'm not surprised

Reader's digest was founded in the 1920's
the main draw associated with it's popularity at the time had alot to do with the fact that they would take articles from many different publications and condense them making them "more readable"
-The company has know for quite some time that they were sinking (I would say since 1992)
Reader's digest tool a few steps to try and save a few bucks this included
- laying off about 200 staff members
- unpaid one week vacations for all staff
- and temporarily suspending the 401k matching
- 10 issues a per calendar year instead of the typical 12
Now in all honesty people... comment on this one!!! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PICKED UP A READERS DIGEST?
Seriously!!! Because I keep searching my mind for that answer and I can't recall thinking about a readers digest this decade!
Below please find a few examples of riveting covers from Reader's Digest:
& for homework, please understand why the content on each cover is almost invisible on a shelf of exponentially better magazines! I particularly enjoy "Real People Real Miracles" Yeah. Good riddance!


No comments:
Post a Comment