About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Alicia Keys - Doesn't Mean Anything


zSHARE - Alicia Keys - Doesn_t Mean Anything.mp3

Shared via AddThis

Alicia (one trick pony) Keys sings a song about love... Again!
I seem to remember Alicia singing about having nothing if she "ain't got" love.
Maybe I'm mistaken but is this the same song we loved (and played out in 2000-late!)
What's next Alicia "I keep on slipping back in love" & "A Woman's Value"

So I like this song. I honestly do. It's catchy and has a really good contemporary feel to it. This will be on my playlist!



...it's like "No One" minus the screaming, but it's a little bit like the Fray meets Whining! Like pain pain dying sloooowly.

I'm rich. I have no love. I'm melting

I have a conspiracy theory: Alicia Keys want rich lonely people to feel bad, and kill themselves, so she can buy their property and jack up the prices...look out for that people!!! it will come to pass!!!


The Moral?

If your rich and you don't have love your still poor (Lindsey Lohan I'm talking to you! 7 million counts, and nobody really gives a damn about you... no don't kill yourself yet...DO PLAYBOY! just take the cash where you can get it.)

...Lyrics...

Used to dream of being a millionaire, without a care

’cause it’s over
bet just wont be fair
darling,
gonna be a poor woman living on the street,
no food to eat,
cause i don't want nobody if i have to cry.
cause it's over
when you said goodbye!

all it was...
i had it all
but
it doesn’t mean anything
now that you’re gone
from above seems i had it all
but it doesn’t mean anything
since you’re gone

now i see myself through different eyes,
there's no surprise!
being alone will make you realise
when it's over!
only lovers bear.
should have been there!

all it was...
i had it all
but
it doesn’t mean anything
now that you’re gone
from above seems i had it all
but it doesn’t mean anything
since you’re gone

i know i've pushed you away,
what can i do that would say
....

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."