About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Monday, October 19, 2009

I Hate Mondays!!! but I do Love "Nasty Old People"

Pirate Bay is distributing the movie Nasty Old People.
You can find the films main site and blog here: http://www.nastyoldpeople.org/

I think it's great that the director/writer, was able to bypass the BS that so many people face in the film industry. Hopefully this can become a trend, where films can be released right into the hands of the people and they have the option of whether or not they feel like the film deserves their hard-earned money. I'm actually going to donate a few bucks or euros, to this project in support of the idea.

I give the Movie a 4/5 I really enjoyed the antics of the Nasty old ones. They reminded me of a few people I have encountered in life. I think the movie starts off slow and picks up later, in the beginning you have no idea where this film will lead. The Nasties are a very talented bunch of actors! Elsie is the nastiest of the bunch, all she talks about is sex!!! She's a riot.



I think there is one moment in the film that makes you think alot, and the thoughts and conclusions it leads you to are never quite resolved. So I rest my critique at: The fact that I paid nothing to see this movie (which is different than illegally downloading it, I don't have to worry about some movie studio trying to sue the crap out of me), along with being able to watch this movie from my comfy bed on a Sunday afternoon, made this movie alot more enjoyable.
  • This movie was created by a director who had to take out a small bank loan in order to make her directorial debut. The film is free all over the net, but you can donate to the cause using pay pal.
  • In a matter of 5 days, the number of downloads reached 16,000 on Pirate bay alone.

Synopsis: This is the story of Mette Member of a neo-Nazi gang, her day job is to take care of four crazy old people that all are just waiting to die. Her life becomes a journey into a burlesque fairytale, where the rules of the game are created by Mette herself. Mette is indifferent about her way of life, until she one night assaults a man, kicking him senseless. Waking up the day after, she realizes that something is wrong, and in company with the her crazy oldies she longs for respect and love. She can tell that the old folks are marginalized by the modern society, but together they create a world and a voice of their own.



"Nasty Old People has the Creative Commons license BY-NC-SA. This means that you don't need to ask for permission to copy, share or remix this film, as long as you mention the people that have produced this movie (you do this by linking to http://www.nastyoldpeople.org/, as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes and as long as you allow others to remix your remixes. Also, you have to link to the original license."



No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."