About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Revenge of the Grammer NAZI... sometimes "No" means "Yes"




This week while watching two different shows, I found complete ignorance of the proper way to respond to the question:

DO YOU MIND IF... ?
One example, was during 90210.
One of the characters said to the other, "do you mind if I have some of your french fries?"

and the character that had the basket of fries said "YES!" and proceeded to hand his friend the basket of fries...clearly he meant "No I don't mind"


...

LESSON OF the DAY: when you respond to a "do you mind," question:


YES means... Yes I mind if you taste my ice cream. GIT up out my face begger!
No means... No, I don't mind if you have some of my ice cream. I have a whole basket and it would be real piggish if I didn't share with a pal.



EXAMPLE 2:

Question - Do you mind if I sleep with your spouse?

CORRECT RESPONSE: Yes I mind. How dare you ask me that!!! Git up out my face whore!
INCORRECT RESPONSE: NO!


No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."