About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Monday, February 15, 2010

MY BOSS: It wasn't what she said, It was how she said it!

TODAYMYBOSS.com - what a great site!

So the other day my BOSS said to me,
"Do you think it is professional to carry around and drink a RED BULL?"

and I responded by saying nothing. why? Because I felt it was silly of her to ask a vague question instead of proposing a better way to do things. Obviously I find no wrong in it, otherwise I wouldn't do it! DUH!

now let me set this one up for you:

I present exhibit A

Every time my boss is around she basically treats me as if I am her ex husband!
Which means, if I'm lucky enough to get acknowledged as being an fellow human, It is usually joined by a look of profound disgust. Like I make her vomit in her mouth.
Like I killed her puppy when she was 7. My boss looks at me as though I had caused her pain and anguish in a past life! I feel hate and indifference.

Now Exhibit B

I drink RED BULL ALL the time!
For years I have been a serious RED BULL addict!!!
It is my energy source! it is my batteries!
I have consumed red bull in labs where I have risked getting poisoned!

NOW Exhibit C

I have seen people that have rainbow weave AT WORK
I have seen people that were illiterate AT WORK
I have seen people that wear clothing so tight and WHITE that you could tell them the color of their underwear!!!! AT WORK!

Now I would like to present what I should have said to MY BOSS:

Hello to you also, I see we are beyond the very basic formality of greetings. Do you think it is professional to pose a question instead of offering a solution? Because I find that itself to be conflict seeking behavior. I believe in solutions, and intimidation is a huge hurdle on the road to higher functioning and productivity. I do not understand from the question posed, You failed to make yourself clear as to whether you have a problem with Red bull or is this an umbrella standard that includes all beverages. If the problem is all beverages than thank you for correcting my behavior I will consume all beverages in a private place.

Lesson to be learned here: if someone isn't as high on the totem pole as you... don't doubt their education, power to reason, and intelligence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kjrmusic.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."