About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Life and Times of a Job Hunter: Part II ...Ven you got it, flaunt it

Do people tell you that you have a nice smile? Are you a hottie? Is your mirror always bugging you by saying, you are the fairest in the land? Use that to get a job...Duh !!!
"Fed Reserve study shows beautiful people make about 5% more than their average counterparts."
- CNN MONEY

During my search for a job I came across a few listings that seemed like really great opportunities. I can't see the 1o,ooo people I'm treading water with in this job hunt...but if I could, I would drown a few and make a human raft and on that raft I would float to the land of better jobs! HELL YEAH!!! That's the type of initiative recruiters are looking for (I think).
So here's where the light bulb went on... If my job-catching-package is not effective then there must be something I can add... A PICTURE!!! Not that kind of picture!

An old fashioned smile; to appear friendly and outgoingConservative dress; to show that you are a professionalTilt your head a little; to show you are a good listener
And the tears of a new born; I read that somewhere...


A picture is worth more than a thousand words! Someone who you find attractive can gain your trust and more with just a picture.

So let me break it down: If you attach a picture to your Job Packet, and the person(s) hiring find you even mildly attractive... GAME OVER, YOU WIN.

Today's unemployment pep rally contains a song from Mel Brooks' Broadway musical "The Producers"... the song is called "When You Got It, Flaunt It" as you listen to the song meditate on how you can plan to be more attractive and outgoing on job interviews!


"Show your Assets let em know your proud"

"If nature blesses you from top to bottom
Show that top to bottom, don't think twice"

"Ven you got it, share it
Let the public feast upon your charms"

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."