The World Premiere of Christina Aguilera's "You Lost Me"I like this song alot... the sad part is I relate to it insanely well as it resegnates through many aspects of life (or mine at least). This is my favorite song from the (commercial failure) Bionic Album... I listened to it with the intentions of writing a review and found most of the album to be complete crap. So I'm pleased to see the best song on the album appear as the third single. the second single floundered on the charts... it's not a good choice for a commercial hit, but it's a brilliant way for Aguilera to remind people of her raw talent.
Billboard had this to say:
"I feel like our world's been infected," Aguilera belts at the end, "and somehow you left me neglected." The singer could easily be singing about the harsh response to "Bionic," which debuted at a disappointing No. 3 on the Billboard 200 back in June and had critics alleging that the singer was imitating Lady Gaga. Hopefully for Aguilera, "You Lost Me" will cast those doubts aside and remind everyone of what she does best.
Stand out lines in the song:
"We had magic, This is Traggic."
"I am done... Smoking gun."
"I am done... Smoking gun."
Watch the Video HERE
I Have a few observations about this video to share:
1. Sia Furler wrote 75% of the song, which is why it is so emotional, Sia has a talent for writing songs that express heartbreak in all it's glory. Aguilera wrote the chorus.
2. I think as far as Aguilera Videos go... this simply states: Less is more. Christina looks stunning and the performance is not over the top. It's a work of art.
3. The art direction is brilliant; when Aguilera says "I feel like the worlds been infected" and the effects turn to double vision with her skin solarized!!! That captures the moment just right.
3. The concept of the video was interpreted by a fan under the you tube video so I would like to highlight that description because it captures it well:

No comments:
Post a Comment