About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Monday, July 19, 2010

Who is this Old Spice Man? - Your Questions are Answered/DIAMONDS!




The Man You Man Could Smell Like
Future Mr. Janet Jackson and/or Future Mr. Alyssa Milano

(Quickly indulge me, as I am a sinister fellow: but if this is the man your man smells like... what has your man been doing? Reference: Smell yo dick)


Lately this man has been generating alot of attention... Bacause he just received an Emmy nomination for his commercial, I give you: The Man You Man Could Smell Like...MR. OLD SPICE...

The ads feature multiple sets, costume changes, and various props; in one take... using abrupt segues! You just have to watch each commercial a few times to try to understand how difficult that process must be. It's freaking cool.

Watch Commercial #1 HERE


Isaiah using a deep (Adam West-y) baritone sweet talks the ladies into making their men smell...Like "real men" should. I think this is the best example of a "buy this/become this" advertisement, cause I only had to watch the commercial once to decide that I need to look like that and multitask like a demon... I can change my cloths very fast! but not that fast yet, but Isaiah say if I drink old spice I can do it like him...Right?

Watch Commercial #2 HERE



What is the Old Spice Man's Name?
: Isaiah Mustafa (follow him on Twitter HERE)

How Old is the Old Spice Man? : 36 years old

Where is the Old Spice Man from? : Isaiah is a former NFL player... Seattle Seahawks in 2000 he ended up playing for the European NFL, on the Barcelona team.

What Has the Old Spice Man Been in?
: a bailiff on Ugly Betty, a cop on Days of Our Lives, a SWAT team leader on Castle (March 22 episode)

Upcoming Roles: Mustafa will appear next in Tyler Perry's Film: For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf ... also starring Janet Jackson (who Perry Keeps locked up in his mansion) Janet and Isaiah should be an item! They would look good together; TYLER PERRY MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

Interesting Factoid: Isaiah previously owned a restaurant called Jo Jo's Barbecue on Melrose Avenue in L.A.

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."