About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Life and Times of a Job Hunter: Part V... Hair Games


Greetings Jobsless Masses... and those that dream of a better career path,

While on the hunt for that prefect overpaying job, I realized that hair can do so much.

Recently I cut my hair after skipping hairs cuts for about a month, in preparation for that day when I am called to interview for the job of my dreams ... after I got my hair chopped off I looked in the mirror and though, "gee I look different."

From that day people noticed the change and complemented me on my "new look"
I hadn't realized that changing something so slightly had such a dramatic effect.

Well I'm willing to admit that I don't have as much hair as I used to as a younger guy. So I decided that I could add a little hair growth supplement to my job hunt routine. A simple topical agent to help thicken up my thinning area.


Minoxidil (Rogaine) is used to stimulate hair growth and to slow balding. It is most effective for people under 40 years of age whose hair loss is recent. Minoxidil has no effect on receding hairlines. It does not cure baldness; most new hair is lost within a few months after the drug is stopped.

Now reasons for hair loss include but are not limited to:
  • Stress (from not having the job of your dreams)
  • Genetics (If your Dad was bald by 25, you have a 75% chance of the same thing happening)
  • Cornrows/Braided hairstyles (Pull out the front of your hairline)
When you grow your hair back, think of the how it will give you more confidence as you meet prospective employers and strangers alike!

Today's Job Hunting inspiration song is... HAIR (from the musical hair)



Lyrics to meditate on:

"For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair"

"Flow it, show it...Long as God can grow it. My hair"

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."