About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Life and Times of a Job Hunter: Let's Resign



If you're part of the jobless masses, you can just skip this tid-bit of information.

The time came for me to think about resigning from my current job... It took me all of 2 hours to make this decision. The question that jumped all around in my mind was: How the hell do you resign.

Let me break it down for you... My current job SUCKS BALLS. I can't tell if it's my personal frustration with working there for such a long long long long long long time, OR the fact that the place just sucks ass. I debate this every day.

Banging your head against a wall until you lose 2.54 brain-cells is more productive than a day at my current job.


I had two options for resigning from this place:

1. Turn my silent scream into an actual scream sprinkled with the most colorful words from any language uttered in the history of the world

2. Leave in a classy way with a letter an such.

...


I chose to resign with a letter (instead of walking out the door after the next in a series of aggravating incidents) However I am going to make a confession so lean in real close...

  • I googled resignation letter
  • Then I replaced the information with my own
The point: I don't have enough respect for a place that clearly doesn't give a shit about me, to use the neurons involved to create a pretty letter full of lies (i.e. "it is with regret")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very funny. I know exactly how you feel, it is frustrating.

mims said...

its a mild way to put it

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."