About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I recommend getting your heart trampled on, to anyone Part. 1


There's a certain type of person that can identify with a special type of heartbreak.
The type that many (lucky) people never really come across...


I saw a toy in a Christmas catalog recently and I said to a friend, "If I were still a kid, I would go apeshit if I didn't get that for Christmas." and I realized that when I was a kid, there was this insane belief, that a new toy would be more amazing than I could even imagine. There was so much potential seen in that mere inanimate object...


and the thing is, there was a point and time, when something changed, that enthusiasm and anticipation diminished...greatly.

I call them veterans of love. They've been "there" and came back a little bit different than when they left. Some have wounds that heal with time... others are crippled forever. Some want to love again so desperately that they return. Some choose never to return again... can you blame 'em?

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."