
People's Republic
I think when you concentrate on something/someone so much; you have no chance of getting it. I think sitting in this bar with my gin is as good as sitting in bed with it. Now I know what to expect of Massachusetts, so I’m not terribly disappointed with the night. I think if I had never been to Boston before, I’d be terribly depressed. Boston slightly pales, in comparison to New York City. I search the crowd for anybody, who looks like they may give me a cigarette, when I'm tipsy I always want a cigarette.

Middle East
Middle East has a jam band that plays every song like it’s an encore, which can be a good and bad thing simultaneously. You want to bop and shake because you think it is your last chance for the night. And just as you feel you pits starting to fight your anti-perspirant, and your clapping so hard because you feel like you've had "such and evening," the next song begins.
I guess feeling as if they have given their best at the end of a song is what matters, even if it's followed up by another, equally great song.
I find that I don't have that, "I want to go home," feeling... If anything, I don't ever want to leave. Even though I know that there are better places in New York (aren’t there always?), I feel like nothing is better at this moment than the getaway.
No comments:
Post a Comment