About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Monday, June 8, 2009

KjR/ in the Study/ with the paintbrush

I hate Mondays!!!

I’m actually sprucing up/overhauling my “study”. I’m excited! I have paint samples and I am armed with several back issues of “M. Stu Living!” I also have a team of awesome friends who are coming over to spend the day painting and moving things. No doubt, we will break out a bunch of CD’s and chill productively all day (Happy hour after!). I think my study needs to be a little more inspiring. It’s been about 3 years since I’ve used this room as “my space”, but I can remember a time when It wasn’t a cluttered mess and I would spent all day everyday in this room; playing the piano, writing, doing homework (yuck!!!).


I don’t take this lightly at all. I’ve had paint samples for over a year and the intentions to change this room have been there even longer. I wanted a bursting orange color but after time I gave that idea up and decided to go with a vintage mustard yellow (almost gold),


to match a color in an oriental rug I have. I have picked out most of the art for this room also.

The reason for the Vintage hue you ask?

Well in case you don’t know, one of my favorite television show in the incredibly high-brow AMC drama, “Mad Men.” While ratings for Mad Men are not the highest, they still manage to pull in a decent audience, and win Emmys. Well I really enjoy this show and it has influenced me in many ways [ie:brash, headstrong, diplomacy]. Better to be influenced by “Mad Men” than “Fight Club” right?


*Oh! there will be pictures! [Before and after... during!]

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."