About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rihanna - Russian Roulette... sings about shooting herself



Well Riri's back after catching that beat-down.
Her new promo pictures make her look like a bondage witch...


& now she wants to sing about shooting herself in the head.
Yes Rihanna nothing snatched back the power that Chris Brown so easily slapped out of you, better than singing about shooting yourself in the head.

Well dispite my pure disapprval of the subject matter,
this is a great song, and I will go out on a limb and say it's one of my favorite Rihanna Jams...
I can't wait for the techno remix!!!


The song was a collaboration will Ne-yo,
This song marks the first solo son for Rihanna since her Butt whoopin! So she obviously wanted to say something profound, since she has been on a short hiatus. Her last solo song was disturbia.
The Video for this song has already been shot and is set to premiere on ABC, during prime time at some point in the coming weeks (Very MJ of her). Also Rihanna has scheduled a performance on Good Morning America on the day of her new albums release: Nov. 23rd 2009

Well as implied I bring you the song and it's lyrics so you can judge for yourself: here

Or you can go to Rihanna's official website, because I know the youtube will be pulled by the day's end.


...LYRICS...
Rihanna - Russian Roulette
LYRICS:
Take a breath, take it deep
Calm yourself, he says to me
If you play, you play for keeps
Take a gun, and count to three
Im sweating now, moving slow
No time to think, my turn to go

(Chorus)
And you can see my heart beating
You can see it through my chest
And Im terrified but Im not leaving
Know that I must must pass this test
So just pull the trigger

Say a prayer to yourself
He says close your eyes
Sometimes it helps
And then I get a scary thought
That hes here means hes never lost

(Chorus)

As my life flashes before my eyes
Im wondering will I ever see another sunrise?
So many wont get the chance to say goodbye
But its too late too pick up the value of my life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ITS NOT ABOUT SUICIDE ITS ABOUT HER BEING IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.. N HOW LOVE IS A GAME AND INSTEAD OF HER PARTNER HELPING HER HE IS MAKING HER DESTROY HERSELF... DUHHH...LOL..JK... LOVE UR BLOG..


MTV TELLS U MORE...
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1624241/20091020/rihanna.jhtml

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."