About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why I started Blogging... and the future of Mutiny! (a rant of sorts)


For those of you who tune into my NOTEs on Facebook, and don't realize...the actual blog is http://kjrmusic.blogspot.com/
Bookmark it! Bookmark it! c'mon, just do it! ;)

I think it's been about a full year since I started this blog and I've really enjoyed the time.
When I first started many people including close friends said "why?"

and I thought about it and never really had an answer, I didn't know if I wanted this blog to become a way for me to introduce people to my music, to the process I go through making music, or just a blog about music. I had so many ideas about an eclectic mix of content, and I wanted to share these things with... I don't know... people?

considering that to this day some of my closest friends rarely check my blog, I think I've honestly transcended that disappointment... I figure, why not share with strangers? I like strangers! LOL (to those of my friends that do read... <3 and to those that don't ::evil glare::)

So now I share a good mix of things I find funny, or want to criticize! things I love and things I hate!!! At some point in the spring I decided that I wanted to do some writing every day of the week. As a creative being I always have to have outlets for this energy that churns inside. LOL churns! LOL

Well I found that sitting around writing about life experiences didn't do it for me I also found that writing essays could bore me! the writer! So I sank deeper into Mutiny... and I think although there are other things I would love to write about and share, the things I've written about have been endlessly entertaining to me!


The New Finalized look of MUTINY (the top picture with the glass and the waves, DUH):


The new look of this blog pleases me to an extreme!
1. I was lucky enough to have a friend that was able to see my vision, and who remained just as entusiastict about bringing it to life as I did

2. I finally have a look that is all my own... I didn't have to snatch that picture from deep within the interwebs!

3. That picture is so AWESOME!!! (can you imagine the glass shattering and all the little pieces of glass that I got stuck in my hand...worth every bit!)


The future of Mutiny on the Cardboard Sea:

It's clear to me, that I occupy no clear niche...but I am not worried, I hope I can continue to bring interesting content and have BUNCHES of fun doing so!

1. There will be a Mutiny web series... Finally! Umm yeah!
I've been juggling around ideas for this for quite some time and I finally have a clear view of the direction that a Mutiny show should take. This is going to be alot of fun!

2. I will bring a little more personal writing to the blog, let' say it will be a light sprinkling of personal writing pieces!

3. I would most definitely like to keep the simple conversations coming! They really make me smile and sometimes I want to wet myself laughing.


SO... stick with me folks in the future I look forward to sharing and laughing and more with yallz!!!

_KjR_

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."