About This Blog - MOTCS

Random Musings Pertaining to Music and Pop Culture

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ab-wheel/Stomach Flu Connection


So I've been thinking about this Stomach Flu...

On Friday I started using my ab roller. My ab-roller cost me about $10 and happens to be the most effective thing I've ever tried for that wonderful washboard ab look. It's a discipline but it works!
There's one downside, or a multifaceted down side...

it hurts when I laugh
it hurts when i talk
it hurts when I try to sit up in bed
it just hurts in general.

So I do my usual ab roll until fatigue (like 5 full reps.)
and 24 hours later I get a Linda Blair Stomach-flu! Yay!
At work I start discreetly tossing in one of the bathrooms,
Then I attempt to drive home... it figures it would take severe nausea to make me drive the speed limit! So this slow trip ends with me sprinting into my house while throwing everything in my chest pocket (I'm a big believer in the at work use of the chest pocket) out onto the floor.

So after this ordeal, I'm trying to diagnose my situation (using; wit, reference books, and web MD) and I realize that I can't figure out if I have a stomach flu or a host of other ailments...

Why is this you ask?


Because I was in so much pain from my ab-wheel, that I couldn't distinguish between that pain and what might have been something more serious...like appendicitis. (I spend a good amount of every spring in pain, due to my torturous methods of perfecting my core.)

So the only good thing about this whole deal?...
Clear liquid diet, some spare poundage eliminated, and the arrival of warmer weather ;)

No comments:

"I do not know if you remember the tale of the girl who saves the ship under mutiny by sitting on the powder barrel with her lighted torch and all the time knowing that it is empty? This has seemed to me a charming image of the women of my time. There they were, keeping the world in order by sitting on the mystery of life, and knowing themselves that there was no mystery."