
No She isn't!
I love how whenever you see someone from high school there is a proper mix of feelings that seem to come up. I "bumped" into a "Friend" from one of the high schools I attended and of course we are facebook friends (so we're tight, like Paris Hilton's snatch)... so you know what that means right?
A. We went for mani- pedi's and now we're besties!
B. We completely avoided each other ...and it was ultra awk!
B. We completely avoided each other ...and it was ultra awk!
Answer B OH YES! it was as if interacting would have caused a tsunami that would destroy Manhattan. And in my mind I'm thinking, No I won't be responsible for the destruction of The concrete Jungle where dreams are made of!!! There were so many thoughts that continued creep up;
- I mean, Why are we facebook friends if we can't even say hello in real life? and Why do I need to see your status updates and pictures if I clearly don't care to interact with you in person?
- we both saw each other, so why did we both have this dumb 3 y.o. look on our faces? (you know the stubborn look like when you try to feed a kid something they don't like?...and they turn their heads as if to say, "Oh Hell NO...I'm gunna turn my head now! I don't see that broccoli.")

Here's the horror: Gee we find ourselves getting our car-work done at the same place...eww, we have like hours to spend together. So if I say hello... you'll squint and feign that whole "Do I know you" thing. Then we talk about your stupid "whoever" that you married and your dumb children...and for the most part I'll say:
- The 1st "wow" - This is the nice "wow" often complimented by me saying "you're so lucky" or "Congratulations"
- The 2nd "wow" - This is the wow of disbelief... often complimented by my inner dialoge featuring thoughts that force me to not "LOL" this includes but is in no way limited to "Who the hell wanted to marry you?!?!" and "Oh God you have kids? I swear those things come in boxes of Apple Jacks these days"
- The Auxiliary "Wow" - is the "wow" of jealousy... after you've finished telling me about your super awesome honey-moon in Dubai and other jet-set excursions I will most likely scream, kick you in the shin and run home to contemplate what I'm doing wrong!!!
*So I would like to wish everyone a good Monday! Lord knows... I Hate Mondays!
No comments:
Post a Comment